Doing it right means a laser focus on improving patient care and outcomes, every day, without exception. Over the past two years, CHI has accomplished double-digit improvement in both quality and safety. In 2016, health care quality improved 15% over baseline and health care safety improved 67% over baseline. And in 2017, quality improved 34% over baseline and safety improved 75% over baseline. This fast-track success comes through our principles of alignment, action, accountability and constancy of purpose, and includes these key activities:
- Alignment of quality and safety goals and metrics established by the Board of Stewardship Trustees for every market.
- A constancy of purpose to achieve sustainable change and improvements with a commitment to the same set of measures for a three-year period.
- A single source of truth for data, including analytics and reporting across the enterprise, with full transparency.
- Alignment of financial incentives to leadership goals.
- Relentless focus on market leadership engagement and improvement through regular status calls, education sessions and best practices from high-performing markets.