The CHI Institute for Research and Innovation (CIRI) coordinates research and clinical trial opportunities across more than 100 CHI hospitals and academic medical center partners. This means more patients have access to clinical trials close to home. The program connects our hospitals, physicians, and research staff with clinical trials from within CHI and across the nation, and brings dedicated private government and industry partners to the table. CIRI is comprised of experts in research management and strategy, medical affairs, finance, regulatory requirements, and research contracting.
The CIRI focus is to address challenges and elevate opportunities to improve health care such as:
- Make clinical trials accessible to more people where they live
- Access to, and participation in, clinical research that offers the latest innovations in medicine and medical devices
- Advance personalized medicine in local communities
- Access to sustainable quality care that promotes healthy communities
- Clinical trial management that keeps costs down and improves efficiencies for patients and providers.
As an axis of collaboration in the research community, CIRI is dedicated to expanding clinician and patient access to research protocols that offer new treatments and devices that may otherwise be unavailable in the community healthcare setting.