CHI is committed to creating and promoting a culture of non-violence as an essential element of healthy communities and a healthier society. Our advocacy for violence prevention builds on the rich legacy of our founding congregations. Our work includes:
- Public policy initiatives
- Community-based programs
- Research on best practices
- Resources for education and awareness
- Partnerships with national, state and local organizations
- Socially responsible investing and shareholder advocacy
In 2008, we introduced our United Against Violence initiative, the first of its kind to be sponsored by a national nonprofit health system. This program is our formal commitment to violence prevention. As part of this commitment, we provide funding and support to help CHI’s local operations create or expand violence prevention programs in the communities we serve.