CHI Mercy Health, Roseburg, OR, celebrated 110 years of serving the community with a gathering on Feb. 21. Employees and members of the community were welcome to attend the event, which featured a blessing and prayer.
The Sisters of Mercy raised $12,000 from the community to construct Roseburg’s first hospital. The 25-bed Mercy Hospital was dedicated on Feb. 22, 1909, just four months after construction began. Through the decades, CHI Mercy Health has grown into a 174-bed medical center with advanced technology and a continuum of services to ensure area residents have access to state-of-the-art health care without having to leave town. Today, more than 1,000 employees and 200 volunteers work throughout CHI Mercy Health.