Finalization of the proposed joint venture agreement between CHI and PeaceHealth, a Catholic health care system based in Vancouver, WA, is months away, but the two organizations have announced some key decisions:
- Alan Yordy, president and chief mission officer of PeaceHealth, will be the president and chief mission officer of the new organization.
- The headquarters for the new organization will be in Vancouver, WA.
- The new organization will include a Puget Sound Network. This network will be led by Joseph Wilczek, senior vice president of Divisional Operations for CHI and chief operating officer of Franciscan Health System, Tacoma, WA.
- An Oregon Network will include Mercy-Roseburg and St. Anthony-Pendleton.
- CHI and PeaceHealth have committed to making no changes in employment at the time the new organization is formed. There will also be no changes to wages or benefits before the new organization is formed. CHI expects that employees will transition to a common benefits plan over time.
CHI anticipates a final agreement and completion of necessary reviews and approvals by June 30, 2013. Until then, CHI and PeaceHealth are two separate organizations that will continue to operate as before.