November/December 2007

St. Francis Celebrates its Long History


St. Francis Medical Center, Breckenridge, Minn., celebrated “over 100 years of caring” with a special program October 7. The event included a welcome from the mayor, remarks from Dave Nelson, president and chief executive officer of St. Francis, and a historic display. St. Francis admitted its first patient on November 10, 1899; opened a replacement facility in 1952; and moved into its current, 160,000-square foot facility in 2005.