After Catholic Health Initiatives defined its core values in 1998, leaders developed a set of cultural attributes that further exemplify application of each core value in our workplace and ordinary daily work.
These attributes, like the core values, are part of the fabric of CHI and are intended to help guide the behaviors and actions of all employees. Each attribute is also a building block of CHI’s ministry culture.
Core Value: Reverence
- Hospitality: Our culture is one in which a diversity of people and points of view are welcomed, respected and celebrated.
- Collaboration: Our culture cultivates teamwork and participation, and shares wisdom and knowledge at all levels of the organization.
- Spirituality: Our culture is one in which the presence of God is tangible and visible.
Core Value: Integrity
- Honesty: Our culture is characterized by open and timely communication and feedback.
- Intentional and Deliberative: Our culture exhibits high ethical standards in all of our decisions and consistently does the right thing, for the right reasons.
- Humility: Our culture is characterized by service, exemplified by servant leaders called to understand and serve the greater good.
- Stewardship: Our culture is one in which resources – earthly, human, financial, philanthropic, material – are carefully cultivated as precious gifts entrusted to us.
Core Value: Compassion
- Common Good: Our culture is one of commitment to the long-term, best interest of all stakeholders.
- Person-Centered Care: Our culture is one of commitment to quality care that is safe, personalized, comprehensive and collaborative.
- Healing Environment: Our culture is sensititve to the needs of others, thus helping to create an environment of empathy, forgiveness and healing.
- Justice: Our culture is characterized by advocacy on behalf of those who are disadvantaged or deprived of access, including employees, and both local and international communities.
Core Value: Excellence
- Strategic: Our culture is characterized by alignment of goals and plans at all levels of the organization.
- Accountability: Our culture is one in which everyone knows what is expected of them and is held accountable for their perfomance and behaviors.
- Innovation: Our culture is characterized by courage to challenge assumptions and develop potential in order to continually transform.